BRISEA Group, Inc. supported UCEEF in bringing four Interstate Technology & Regulatory Council (ITRC) state regulators who hosted a training session on Vapor Intrusion concurrent with this year’s 2018 China International Environmental Exhibition and Conference (CIEPEC) in Beijing, China. On June 7th, a full day training session was held by the US regulators from the States of Maine, New Jersey, Michigan and Mississippi covering the following topics:
- Introduction of who is ITRC
- General Overview of Vapor Intrusion
- An Understanding of the differences between Chlorinated Vapor Intrusion (CVI)and Petroleum Vapor Intrusion (PVI)
- PVI Screening Methods
- PVI Investigation Approach & Modeling of vapor intrusion
- Evaluation of Vapor Intrusion Data
- An overview of PVI Mitigation Efforts
- Presentation on the General status of Remediation in the U.S.
Around 100 participants attended the training and over 100 tuned in online via WeChat for the live streaming of the presentations on Thursday.
ITRC is a public-private coalition working to reduce barriers to the use of innovative air, water, waste, and remediation environmental technologies and processes. They produce documents and training that broaden and deepen technical knowledge and expedite quality regulatory decision making while protecting human health and the environment.
As vapor intrusion is a rising field in China, the regulators’ training session is sure to shed some exposure on the importance of vapor intrusion mitigations.